Saturday, April 28, 2012

ThreeA RVHK Shit Mood Lady Sham


Sham is cool. When pictures of the exclusives were released for the pre-sale, I've already thought so. Photographs from the event and reviews from fellow collectors later on only confirmed it. I'd say that it is easily my favourite from the whole lotta exclusives from RVHK.

But... Sham is white too, well... she's supposed to be white. I'm guessing, and I'm not alone on this, that 3A will be releasing the white version, more definitive of the character, as a Bambaland exclusive so that everyone has access to it. I'd be happy to buy a couple of her when that happens too. And having said these, I do believe that people trying their luck on 7 May shouldn't go for Shit Mood Sham, since we're almost certain a white version will be relased in the future.



From the new headsculpt, to the body type, hands and feet, to the cat suit, and even the harness and pistol are all brand new original sculpts. Hair clipped behind her right ear on one side, and flowing in the wind on the other, her face is clearly shown with both eyes visible. The opened eyes on the face got people concerned that she would not fit in to the Popbot crew in their collection, since the TKs and TQs all have slits for eyes. Trust me, that is the least of your concerns. I particularly like the sleepy eyes, which gives the character much attitude.
It used to be that the cat suits on previous TQs are zipped on the front. This, however, is zipped up from the back. Underneath the skin tight costume is the newly developed body, with a slight modification of the knee articulation. The feet, wearing heels, are integrated with the costume and not removable. These heels are also something original and never seen before in earlier 3A releases.



The hands, open palms for both sides and alternative trigger hand for the right, are also original. They are also very well sculpted. Changing the right hand is a pain though. The sleeve of the suit loops around her thumb, covering the ball joint at the wrist. You gotta use your gut feel to dislodge that joint, and chances are the ball will come off attached to the hand, rather than the hand being dislodged alone. After that, you gotta slowly rotate the palm, pivoting arond the thumb loop, and in the process stretching the opening of the sleeve, which isn't reinforced by any trimmings. It is a tedious and precarious process, which, after swapping the opened palm for the trigger hand, I decided that it is going to stay there for good.

The pistol is painted black but with a white handle, complete with rotating rounds chamber. On closer inspection, you will notice that the rear half of the gun is identical to AP Popbot's, but simplified on the front end to be simpler, cleaner, more rectilinear. The simplification is much in line to the clean, no fuss look to the entire figure. The gun sits in a holster that almost flows seamlessly from the figure, and not the typical bulging pouches hanging from a buckled belt. Another cool detail.


 




All in all, the originality and detail design of the figure has left me very much impressed. I'm particularly pleased with the costume design. Because of the elastic material used, the curves of the figure are shown in its full glory. Also, I like how the cat suit is matt finished, and not glossy like the previous TQs. The original one is nice in a flashy kinda way, while the new one has a subtle sheen to it. Sham's a cool figure, if you haven't gotten her, wait for the white version.
Below are some related posts:

6 comments:

this figure is growing on me. the white outfitted version coming out looks very tempting. great review.

Hi there... Have I seen you somewhere on the boards (KR / 3A)?

Just scored a Pure white edition. Kinda wish they will invert the colour of the gun for the white one too...

Getting one?

I don't like how the suit makes her neck look short. And her suit doesn't come off that's a nono for me but I guess that might be a girl thing(I need to know that I can redress a female figureXD). I luv yer reviews I'm new to TQ's so I'm learning and deciding which TQ to get as my first. The new bodies are awesome but I fell in love with shorter leg body? Anyways I adore the legs I already know cute curvy legs so seeing those slim skinny beech model legs in tight faux leather latex facinate me :). I hope I can get more TQ's in the future just wish I did not see the TQ in the pink jumpsuit >_<.
Keep up the good work :)!

Ps: Are there more TQ's with regular fingers instead of gloves?

Hi there,

First of, please be introduced to these 2 non-official 3A websites which are quite essential for 3A collectors:
KidRobot 3A Discussion for updates and discussion, and
KidRobot 3A BST for non eBay Buy, Sell, Trades.

From what you say I think you're more into the original female body type that were used until Tomorrow Queens Princess and Vanilla. These 2 are known to have factory defects (peeling matt coat finish), and all purchasers were given free replacements. The replacements, however, are version 2 bodies. I've done a review of the two body types here. If you can live with the defects, which can be quite minor on some, I suggest you get them as they are still quite cheap in the secondary market.

TQ in pink jumpsuit is way outta my league (not too sure for you (",)) but sometimes, I feel it is worth to save up and buy something you really like, than to buy the new releases that are relatively cheaper (but almost certainly not as nice as the classics). Perhaps you could consider Reimi, the red jumpsuit version, which is still significantly cheaper. I believe we're not going to see the original body type being used anymore... They'll either be version 2s like Lolli, or version 3s like the Yesterday Princesses.

All TQs are gloved except Sham. The latest TQ released, Queeny, has a different glove sculpt though.

Glad you enjoyed the blog and have fun collecting ThreeA!

Thanks for the info! I just joined kidrobot before I read this. Guess I'm on the right path :).
I'm going to try for a Reimi! There are 2 pink one's for sale right now both prices I'm not willing to pay. I used to buy bjd in that price range and I already promised not to spend so much anymore on bjd's, step back and enjoy other dolls and figures. So splurging the same moolah on a 1/6 plastic figure is not happening (for now).
Pity the bodies won't be released anymore I like the arms and legs better, btw liked yer review of the new bodies!
I read about the problems with the caoting it's possible to spray with msc but playing with the figure will cause friction over time and you'll end up having to coat again and the paint most likely be damaged when you want to clean the msc...sounds like a nightmare >_<.
Yeah the prices are still reasonable for Vanilla and Princess. I kinda spend most of my moolah this month on dolls. Wish I'd seen ThreeA's sooner :s. I'm trying to keep an eye out for a TQ penumbra and I luv the pink/white Ankou but I wish he had the jointed fingers. But regardless next month I'm getting something ThreeA asap. Btw those ebay prices are suck! Thanks again for the tip and suggestion! Now I have to work I get sucked in too easily by awesome toys :s and great reviews about them ^_~! Bye bye

Post a Comment