Monday, April 30, 2012

ThreeA RVHK Yesterday Princess


Personally, I've always liked TQs more than TKs. While I can understand why the RVHK TKs are so sought after, I still like these Yesterday Princesses (YP) better. There's something retro about these white YPs, though I can't pin down exactly what's the contributing factor. YPs were packed in colour coded blind boxes; I'mcertain that yellow for the Yumiko headsculpt, but not too sure what colour represents Yubi. Perhaps black...?

Was gunning for a Yubi, but only because in my collection, I've only got 1 Yubi headsculpt, whereas I've already got Reimi and Yumiko. The Yumiko headsculpt, with hair painted yellow, looks adorable too. It is the Tracey that I never got, I suppose.



While visibly, the YPs are wearing only a long sleeved jacket that ends right under the hips, she is really wearing another skirt underneath. The jacket has two loops on the back for the sword sheaths to go though, but they are very very tight fitting and I felt uncomfortable keeping the sheaths there, fearing that over time the fabric forming the loops will be overstretched and break. I thought maybe velcro loops might've been more appropriate, rather than fixed, sewn loops.

YPs sport a newly developed body. Well, Sham does too though it is concealed under the cat suit. Here, the knee joints are exposed. I think the only modifications made to the body is in the knees, but that itself is already a vast improvement. For one, the joint looks less robotic, and smaller hinges are seen at the knee-back. The four screws on the back of the thighs, two on each, are also no longer there. The shortcomings of the preceding body type is reviewed here. I'm sure that comparing both, you will agree that this new body is great improvement.


A new and distinct feature of this figure are the socks and removable footwear. The straps on the platform shoes are sculpted, and pretty tight fitting. Though I've read on forums that the socks are not glued to the shoes, I am not inclined to try removing her shoes and socks. This feature will be reused for the new up and coming Cherry 2 figure.





I'm missing Tracey the XXX'mas TQ, but these are all the TQs sporting the same headsculpt. Reimi's still my favourite.

Below are some related posts:

0 comments:

Post a Comment