Friday, April 27, 2012

ThreeA RVHK SXCLB H Shadey


Look at the series of three pictures below, touch your heart, and answer me this: If I were to tell you that the sketch in the middle describes one of the two figures flanking it, which do you think is the one that is being drawn. The left one? Or the right one?



All I'm saying is, that sometimes it takes a bit of blind faith in A. Wood, as the SXCLB figure set was pre-ordered without a hint of how the actual product looks like. The only information available was the sketch shown in the middle. At that time I didn't have much faith in the artist (well... not a couple hundred dollars worth of it anyway), and the concept behind the figure just seemed downright lewd. So, I gave it a miss.

I do like the outcome of the Bouncer figure (white latex, shown below on the left), and kinda regret my decision not to buy it, though I understand why I made my choice. Later on, a SXCLB Ankou Ex was announced to be one of the exclusives of RVHK. Before the photographs were released, you don't have to be Nostrodamus to predict that it is going to be black.

Check out how the biggest of 'em RVHK figures look like outta the box.







I don't own any of the Ankou Ex-es that were previously released. There were five of them done. H Shadey is a repaint his white counterpart, with retooled articulated hands instead of giant clamps. The chubby proportions are quite likable, but boy, are these figures huge. I don't really have any room in my display to showcase them properly, so Shadey's back in a box (and probably gonna be traded away). I feel that the articulation in the figure is somewhat limited by the suit, and the weathering effect is not as refined as I had hoped for.

Between the two, I think I will prefer the white one more. I have always speculated that the Bouncer Ankou Ex, with the letters "bgck" imprinted on the suit, has been inspired by the male reproductive organ. The fact that the hood, when zipped up all the way, reveals the pink head, is almost analogous to how the tip of a circumcised d*ck will look like. A literal d*ck head. In that aspect, perhaps the original figure pulled off this concept much better than the latter. Anyway, concept aside (which is really some wild speculation on my part), I do prefer the cleaner look, which is more appropriate for the bouncer of a club.

Anyway, I don't think it is necessary to pay exorbitant prices for this event exclusive, since an Ankou Ex, dark coloured and hooded, equipped with articulated hands, seems to be making its way to your local retailers as the next wave of AK retail exclusives.

Below are some related posts:

0 comments:

Post a Comment