Sunday, April 29, 2012

ThreeA RVHK TK Old Guard Yoji


So far, from reading the various forums and observing the secondary market, Tomorrow Kings are the most sought after of all the exclusives that were released. I mean come on... no toy is worth S$1000. It could be a shill bid, but still, these figures are closing at insane prices on international eBay.

It is a very obvious hint to ThreeA that fans really love Tomorrow Kings, and particularly the ones with the original hair sculpt. The last one that was mass released was Wasabi, and, truth be told, I wish I bought 10 of thouse. But could these RVHK Old Guards match the OGs? No... I don't think so. They are close to Wasabi, whom I think have even greater play value and aesthetics.

RVHK Old Guards are released in "Blind Boxes", though in actual fact, they are colour tagged in accordance to their hair colours on the shrink wrap of the boxes. Without opening the box, I already know that I'm getting a blue one. As I was vying for the yellow one, and since my friend and I were the only onces at the reception counter at that time, I had to ask the old chap that carried out the goodie bags if I can do a swap. To my request, I got a grunt that sounded like a No. I asked no further, cause I already know their answer before I asked, but I just had to try.





Turns out, Yoji isn't that bad either. Of the 4 TKs released for RVHK, 3 had slight modifications to the headsculpt. One had a goatee (black), one had a black eye (yellow), and one had a plaster across the nose (blue). Amongst the four, I think the blue is a close second to the yellow, and I'm happy with what I got. To be honest, I didn't even realize that he had that plaster until I opened the box.

Old Guard TKs all came with one long sword with sheath, and waist belt filled with pouches. As a friend concurred, the blue T-shirt is kinda over weathered, obscuring the print, which could've been nicer if it was more visible. Nothing original, just a simple, classic figure.



Funny thing is, after seeing this blog entry, a fellow collector friend had this to say: "Oyaloper is awesome"... and I had to agree.
Below are some related posts:

0 comments:

Post a Comment