Sunday, October 7, 2012

ThreeA Popbot 7 Bones Kyoku









The latest installation of the 7-member team from Ashley Wood's Popbot - 7 bones, is none other than Kyoku, the last Oyabun Tomorrow King. Take the Slicer TK's head, add it to the Oyabun TK's body, and voilà! A new TK, and the last one. A new last TK. I wish to note here that while I'm writing this review, the KDA TK sale was just over a couple of weeks ago. KDA is also, well... the last of the slim body Old Guard TK... Queeny was the first TQ... All these labelling of being the 1st and the last are just exactly what they are: labels. End of the day, I need to receive a well designed product. Of course, no doubt these labels do in some ways (however minute) help with sales. Some way of marketting I guess.

Well, Kyoku was actually sold online earlier than Queeny, which was probably why his box sports a number "2", despite the fact that his delivery was delayed till after Queeny was delivered. Any 3A collector would understand without doubt that it is because of the complexity of the Oyabun parka jacket to be tailored.



Something most noticeably different with Kyoku is the fact that his left jacket sleeve is of another colour. The blue is quite consistent with the 7 bones colour theme, and grey just about compliments any other colour. Some people just don't like it. Personally, I don't really mind it if there weren't some silly decal printed on it. I don't really get the "8 baller" thing. When promo-pics of Kyoku surfaced on the web, I was kinda concerned that the Slicer head and the parka hood would make a bad combi. Knowing 3A, there is no way that they are going to redesign the classic parka, so I was kinda worried that the hood won't be able to cover the head, with all that Super Saiyan hairstyle going on. It was one of the first things I did when I got him; to try the hood on. It takes quite some patience to bring it all over, making sure the spikes in the hair don't get in the way. Evidently, it is possible to almost cover everything, just not as easy as it is with the other Oyas.








In case you're wondering, I did make a swap for Kyoku's shoes. In all the photos, Kyoku is actually wearing F-Legion's shoes. I am kinda fed up with the high cut shoes that came with Oyaloper and Wasabi. Now, Wood is introducing the same pair of shoes to another 7 Bones member. No thanks, I prefer some variety here. And what comes with the low cut shoes is more maneuverability. Above, all 3 of the 7 Bones crew that has been released so far. They're coming too slow I feel. Glad to see the Shogun's on the way though.


There you have it. All the Oya TKs that I have in my collection. Wasabi (middle) is sporting Oyaloper's jacket, a spare one I got from a fellow collector in the states. I think Kyoku is a cool addition to anybody's Popbot crew, and definitely a must have for the 7 Bones completist. While I seriously doubt any amendments were made to the design of the parka, I kinda feel that Kyoku's is quite baggy in the middle. Naga and Yama are too expensive, so I guess Oyaloper's and Showa's jackets are the next best available in the market... I think I might just display Kyoku without his Parka, and Wasabi with his on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment