Saturday, June 16, 2012

ThreeA WWRp JEA Heavy Bramble


Recently collected my JEA Heavy Bramble (HB) from the local retailer. It isn't my favourite mould, so I decided to pass on the rest of the colourways that were available. Due to space constraints, I've also sold away my Bromwich (both 1/6 and 1/12), so this JEA is truly my one and only... Ha...

As the name suggests, HBs are really the original Brambles that have been upsized. The head has been swapped, from the usual two-eyed to a cyclops version. The arms have also been replaced from skinny ones to those that belong to a body builder. While the legs remained unchanged, the weapon has also been replaced from the gattling gun to a huge rocket launcher. Overall, there is great bulk on the upper body of this robot, giving him a very top heavy proportion.






I'm always quite sore when the phrase "Heavy Bramble" is mentioned, largely because of the epic failure that the 1/6 version of the figure is. I don't really want to bring up all my disappointments with the 1/6 figure here again, cause... it really is spilt milk. It has taught me to be careful with this toy manufacturer's product. The 1/12 version might be perfect, but its 1/6 counterpart might not be so, and vice versa. Try to imagine the distribution of weight based on the design of the figure, so as to be sure that there won't be inherent problems with the figure...

Having said that, it is only fair to say that the 1/12 version of the HBs are perfectly alright. The launcher looks menacing and large, deliberately designed to be enormous compared to the figure itself. But rest assured, in reality, it isn't too heavy for the figure to handle. Unlike the 1/6 version, the WWRp HBs can handle almost any pose with the launcher that you can think of. With the scope permanently sculpted on the left side of the launcher, it is predetermined that your HB will be carrying his weapon on the right shoulder so that the cyclop eye can look through the scope. Cause the weight will all be transfered to the right side, it is quite easy to spin the figure, pivoting on the right leg. Still, generally it is quite stable and will not topple forwards or backwards. Joints are all tight on this JEA that I bought.


If you look closely at both the Bramble and the Heavy, there are more subtle changes. The skinny Bramble has black shoulders matching a white fore arm on his right side, and vice versa for its left. Whereas for the HB, the whites and blacks are kept in the same arm. Also, black dots were introduced to the right chest plate of the Heavy, which was previously left empty. I'm not too sure why these changes were made; they might be introduced for the sake of wanting to be different. The gattling gun and pouches, painted black, gives the original Bramble a darker look. It is obvious that they are from the same JEA family, there are enough differences to distinguish one from another, which is a good thing, I guess... a necessary variety, so to speak.



The last pic shows all my JEA robots. I think the WWRp version is more or less complete... Perhaps missing the Sq Mk II. I do have it, but intend to sell the RVHK box set away so... Luckily, I'm not too concerned with the scale. As long as the design is the same, I can have either the 1/12 or 1/6 version. For one, I think Dropcloths should only be 1/6, since the 1/12 version is really too fragile... I digress... JEA, Deep Powder and EMGY are my fav colourways, and I'm trying to focus my purchases to these colourways, with the occasional medics if they are available at the right price. WWRp JEA Caesar's going to join them soon... I hope...

0 comments:

Post a Comment