Friday, April 19, 2013

ThreeA AK SXCLB Ankou Ex & Shadow









SXCLB!!! Yes! I finally managed to score this set at... wait for it... retail price!!! I'm so happy to see it being put up for sale on Bambaland couple of days after New Year as part of 3A's stock clearance I suppose... This set was definitely worth it. I didn't buy it when it was first put up for sale because only a sketch was shown, as explained here. I'm glad I sold away Shadey H, the black version of the original SXCLB bouncer that was released during RVHK. Personally, I thought that the original looks nicer with the pink and white contrast, and of course, the classic clamp hands.





SXCLB Shadow is definitely a plus. The black leather dress fits snugly on the figure, with only a single white stitching that runs across its middle front to add some accents to the design. The dildo accessory, probably the 1st of its kind in 1/6th scale, does nothing for me really. I would just keep it in the box.

The bouncer Ankou Ex figure, however, really is the star of the pack. I like its size and proportions and the design of the suit, and particularly, how the whole figure is kept clean without any weathering, unlike the rest of the Ankou Ex figures. The clamps on mine came particularly tight, so I used a hair dryer to heat the joint up before loosening it. I haven't tried to move the clamp again after it is cooled, but I managed to open it up slightly, which is how I pose it. The rest of the figure is also articulated, but the suit does restrict its movement quite alot. It isn't really an issue for me, seeing how this is a chunky figure and does not need to pose much apart from just standing there beside Shadow to give her some security as the club bouncer.






I'm going to keep the bouncer figure all zipped up as well, especially when my daughter learns how to read (which is a loooooooong way to go), so that I can save myself some explanation to her, if she asks, and to my wife... I can only imagine my innocent little princess go "Daddy, what is a cum catcher?" and my wife putting on her disapproving frown. I've always thought that the jacket design of the bouncer figure was inspired by... the male genitalia... because of the way the jacket wraps around the head like foreskin. URGH!!! I feel like I need a mouth wash for saying that... or typing that... but... still... it really is how I see this figure...

I'm happy to score him at retail price, I really am... and I'm glad to be able to do it as an informed decision, rather than to throw cash blindly at something as vague as a sketch...

0 comments:

Post a Comment