Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sideshow Stormtrooper


Star Wars' Stormtroopers are possibly one of the most iconic cannon fodder in the sci-fi universes. True enough, a chance encounter with Sideshow's Vader kicked-off my growing 1/6 Star Wars figures collection (Stormtrooper being the second, and Boba possibly the 3rd). I've done my online research for the different releases of the Stormtrooper by Medicom, Marmite and Sideshow, and I was totally convinced that SS's is the best one available in the market. Could've gotten the the Sandtroopers, since they were recently repainted and released, but... in my mind, these cloned soldiers clad in clean, shiny white armour is the definitive cannon fodder from the Star Wars universe...

While the sculpt is spot-on, this particular figure I own has quite some loose joints in his legs, causing him to topple quite frequently in the display, and I hate to be forced to use one of those display stands that these figures come with... The figure also comes equipped with one sole accessory, the blaster. I thought it was pretty well sculpted and weathered, but on closer look, realized that it can actually be unfolded with a rifle extension (picture 3 below), which was a pretty cool detail.







0 comments:

Post a Comment